Thursday 9 January 2014

The moorland ponies over Christmas and New Year

Recently, I visited long ash and the areodrome area of the moorland and checked on the ponies, they were wondering about enjoying the sunshine,  with all this terrible weather at the moment I wanted to ensure all the foals were managing to maintain a good body condition.  I took some photos of the ponies I saw and they were all in very good condition, one had a slightly mucousy nose but I checked on her the following day and she was looking better.  One pregnant mare had slightly long front hooves so we will be keeping an eye on her and making sure she gets seen to if needed. The owner was contacted and he will be taking her off the moor once her foal is born to deal with her feet. Otherwise overall the 20+ ponies I saw were very happy munching away on the grass and bushes.

Here are some photos taken over Christmas and New year.
mmm warm and cosy
Now this bit of twig is something else





ooooo itchy itchy lip


No comments:

Post a Comment